If you're living in Denver, you know all too well the dread that comes with hearing the words "bed bugs." These pesky pests can spread quickly and cause a lot of damage if not treated properly. Worst of all, they are hard to identify and even harder to treat successfully. But don't worry, we've got you covered. Our team at Absolute Pest Control will provide you with the best bed bug pest control in Denver.
Do not underestimate the effects of a bed bug infestation. Bed bugs are not just a nuisance, they also pose a health risk. They can cause skin rashes, allergic reactions, psychological effects, and in some cases, anemia. An infestation can also be costly, both financially and emotionally, as it can be difficult to get rid of and can cause damage to your home. It is important to take preventive measures and address an infestation as soon as possible to minimize the risks associated with bed bugs.
Read on to uncover the unmistakable signs of a bed bug infestation, how bed bugs make their way into our homes, easy tips to prevent them from catching a ride into your house, and the trick to completely getting rid of bed bugs.
Unmistakable Signs Of Bed Bug Infestation
Bed bugs are a common pest problem in Denver and many other cities. These pests can be difficult to detect without the help of a professional pest control company. This is mainly because they are small, elusive, and can quickly spread throughout your Denver home. They are also nocturnal insects, which means that they are mainly active at night and it is extremely unlikely to spot them during the day. However, there are several unmistakable signs of a bed bug infestation that can help you identify if you have an infestation in your home:
- Bed bug bites: One of the most unmistakable signs of a bed bug infestation is the presence of bed bug bites on the skin. These bites can be very itchy and can appear in a line or cluster. They can appear on any exposed skin but are most commonly found on the neck, face, legs, and, arms.
- Blood stains: Another indication of a bed bug infestation is the presence of dark spotting or blood stains on sheets, walls, and fabrics. This is caused by bed bugs being crushed or leaving droppings. These stains are often small and reddish-brown in color.
- Live bed bugs: Seeing live bed bugs scurrying around is yet another indication of an infestation. They are small, reddish-brown, and wingless pests. They can be found in cracks and crevices, along baseboards, in the seams of furniture, in bedding, and in other hidden locations.
- Fecal matter: Another sign of a bed bug infestation includes finding fecal matter or small black or brown spots that are about the size of a poppy seed. You can find them on the mattress, box spring, or other areas where bed bugs hide.
- Eggshells and shed skins: You may also find pale eggshells or shed skins on the surface of furniture or bedding, which are a sure indication that bed bugs are present.
- Musty odor: Bed bugs also produce an unpleasant musty odor that is caused by their pheromones and excrement. This odor can be particularly noticeable in areas where there is a heavy infestation.
When seeking out Denver bed bug control, you should look for the company with the best reputation in the area. Our team at Absolute Pest Control specializes in providing effective bed bug control in Denver. We can help you eliminate any bed bug infestation that comes your way. Signs of bed bug activity in your home? Let our professional technicians provide you with help in handling this issue.
How Bed Bugs Make Their Way Into Our Homes
Bed bug infestations are a tremendous problem in the Denver area, and it can be challenging to control them. This is because bed bugs have many ways of entering your home, and they can quickly become an issue if left unchecked.
Bed bugs are most likely to hitch a ride on clothing or luggage brought in from outside. Bed bugs are attracted to warmth and food sources, so they will climb onto things that provide access to both of these things. They are also able to squeeze through tiny cracks and crevices, making their way into a home if they find any opening. In multi-unit housing, a bed bug infestation can easily spread between units.
Bed bugs can also come in on items that are brought in from outside, like used furniture or mattresses. When buying used items, it's important to inspect them thoroughly before bringing them into your home to make sure they are free of bed bugs. They can also find their way into your home if they are brought in by people who have been exposed to bed bugs elsewhere, such as in a hotel room or an apartment complex. This is why it's important to check yourself and your belongings for bed bugs whenever you travel.
A common misconception is that bed bugs are attracted to dirty homes. This is not the case, as bed bugs are not drawn to dirt or filth. Rather, they prefer to hide in areas where they can find a food source, such as near mattresses and bedding, behind baseboards and wall hangings, or in cracks in furniture. The best way to prevent bed bugs is to regularly inspect your home for signs of bed bugs, such as dark spots on the walls or bedding, or small red marks on the skin which may be bed bug bites. If you spot any signs, it's best to call Absolute Pest Control. We'll provide you with local pest control experts right away. This way, we can quickly treat the problem and help you get rid of any and all bed bugs in your home.
Easy Tips To Prevent Bed Bugs Catching A Ride Into Your House
With a few precautionary steps, it is possible to reduce the risk of bed bugs hitchhiking their way into your home. Here are a few simple tips to help you protect yourself against bed bug infestations:
- Avoid buying secondhand furniture and clothes. These items may be carrying bed bugs, so it’s best to buy new ones.
- Inspect any hotel rooms you stay in for signs of bed bugs before settling in. Check mattresses, headboards, and other furniture for stains or fecal matter.
- When traveling, don’t leave your luggage on the floor of hotel rooms or bathrooms. Keep it off the floor and on a luggage rack or table.
- If you do acquire secondhand items, vacuum and steam any furniture before bringing it into your home.
- Unpack your luggage and change out of your travel clothes immediately after coming home from a trip and wash everything in hot water and dry on a high heat cycle.
- Use mattress covers on all beds and furniture to prevent bed bugs from getting inside.
- Check crevices and corners of your home regularly for any signs of bed bug activity such as fecal spots and eggshells.
- Place double-sided tape or any other material around doorframes and windowsills as an extra layer of protection against bed bugs getting in.
- Check your pet’s fur for bed bugs and bed bug bites if you suspect an infestation.
These tips can help you reduce the risk of bed bugs catching a ride into your home, but they do not completely eliminate the risk. If you notice any signs of a bed bug infestation in your home, it's best to seek professional help from your local pest control company. Our bed bug control specialists can help you quickly get rid of any existing infestations and take the necessary steps to prevent them from returning in the future.
The Trick To Completely Getting Rid Of Bed Bugs in Denver
Bed bug infestations can be notoriously difficult to get rid of, and attempting to do so without professional help is often a fruitless task. Bed bugs are experts at hiding and reproducing quickly, meaning that the problem can quickly become much worse. Even if you have successfully removed a few of the bugs, rest assured that there will still be some hiding in hard-to-reach places and continuing to breed.
The best way to get rid of bed bugs for good is by enlisting the help of a qualified local pest control company like Absolute Pest Control. We know the most effective bed bug control techniques and products to use in Denver and can ensure that all bed bugs are completely removed from your home.
At Absolute Pest Control, we provide local pest control for bed bugs for residential properties throughout the Denver area. Our expert technicians can provide fast and effective solutions to any bed bug problems you may have, including identifying, preventing, and eliminating bed bugs from your property.
If you’re looking for the best bed bug pest control near you, contact Absolute Pest Control. We’ll ensure that your home is free from bed bugs and your family is safe from these pesky pests once and for all. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation or inspection.
I had the pleasure to work with Justin and he was extremely professional and took the time to answer all of my questions. He put me at ease on all the steps he was going to take in order to get my home back to normal. I would recommend him and Absolute Pest Control to my family and friends.