A Handy Guide To Handling A Mice Infestation For Denver Homes
December 15, 2022 - Mice
The world around us is full of pests, and while we tend to tolerate them on a daily basis, no one wants to coexist with disease-ridden vermin inside their home. If rodents have infiltrated your home, contact Absolute Pest Control, Inc for the most efficient pest control in Denver, Colorado.
Five Signs Of A Mice Infestation In Your Home
You might be wondering how you can search for evidence of a mouse infestation in your home. Here are some signs of mice to keep an eye out for:
- Tracks: Mice, like other pests, tend to leave traces behind as they scurry around your home. Look for 4-toed prints (front feet) and 5-toed prints (back feet). Mice tracks indicate a possible infestation.
- Gnaw marks: Mice usually try to gnaw their way through materials like paper or cardboard. Smooth or rough gnaw marks are yet another sign of a potential mice infestation.
- Droppings: Any droppings that are between ? and ¼ of an inch could point to signs of a mice infestation.
- Rub marks: Oily rub marks found on walls could be the signs of mice who have rubbed against that wall several times.
- Damaged goods: If you find yourself missing seeds, cereal, or any other type of goods, watch out for mice who are eating your groceries or packaged goods.
No matter what type of mouse you're dealing with in your home, the signs of a mouse infestation remain the same.
Can Mice Cause You To Feel Sick Without Touching Them?
Mice could potentially cause sickness and even be responsible for serious health threats. Even if you’re not touching them, you should be aware of the potential dangers they can pose just by their mere presence in your home.
First, it’s essential to know that mice usually bring diseases, fleas, mites, ticks, and lice into your household. Even if you’re not in contact with any house mice, it’s possible that the parasites they bring can eventually come into contact with you.
Mice can also potentially contaminate stored food that they eat in your home. Also, try not to come into contact with any mice droppings, which could spread salmonella.
The droplets of urine that mice leave behind can aggravate allergies in children and adults, which could make some feel sick after an extended period of time. Unknowingly inhaling dust that includes dried droppings can also cause asthma flare-ups or other allergic reactions.
It’s wise to set up a doctor’s appointment if you believe that you have been exposed to any illnesses as a result of mice in your home.
Natural Prevention Tips For House Mice In Denver
Despite the popularity of common preventative measures such as poison and traps, it’s possible to prevent a potential infestation of mice naturally and humanely. Some natural mice prevention tips include:
- Peppermint oil: Pests hate peppermint, and mice are no exception. Ask a neighbor or a loved one for some natural peppermint oil to keep mice away, and spray it liberally throughout the home. Additionally, apply the peppermint oil directly on the floor, walls, or near any holes and crevices.
- Steel wool: Although mice are famous for gnawing through an array of different materials, steel wool is one material that they are unable to chew. Place steel wool in crevices or holes to prevent mice from entering.
- Apple cider vinegar: Spraying a solution of apple cider vinegar mixed with water should prevent mice from entering your home for at least a few weeks. Be sure to reapply this solution as needed.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to rid your Denver home of mice in no time.
How Do I Get Rid Of Mice In My House For Good?
The quickest way to get rid of mice, as well as the most efficient way to get rid of mice, is to contact pest control professionals. Our experts here at Absolute Pest Control, Inc are here to help you. Beginning with an inspection, we’ll let you know our findings and recommendations. If allowed to proceed, we will then engage in an initial cleanout. Here, our trained staff will treat your home’s baseboards, doors and windows, and the outside perimeter of the house. This even includes any attached garage!
After we’ve gotten rid of any and all mice in your home, we will schedule follow-up services to ensure that those mice never come back. One or more of our team members will return every few months to treat the outside perimeter of your house, check bait stations, and touch up any potential trouble spots in your house. It’s that simple.
For the best way to get rid of rats and mice in Denver, give us a call today. You won’t leave disappointed.