The Best Way To Deal With Mice In Denver
October 15, 2022 - Mice
Mice in Denver can be a real nuisance, especially if they decide to take up residence in your home. Not only are they unsightly, but they can also be carriers of disease and cause other issues such as property damage. If you think you may have a mouse infestation, it is important to take action right away. Absolute Pest Control will cover the signs of a mouse infestation, how to get rid of them safely and effectively, and how to keep them from coming back with pest control in Denver.
Signs Of Mice In Your Home
In order to get rid of mice, you need to first figure out if you actually have an infestation. Some common signs of a mouse problem include:
- Droppings: One of the most telltale signs of a mouse infestation is finding small droppings around your home, particularly in areas where food is present. Mice tend to leave their droppings near food sources so they can easily find their way back to them.
- Gnawing: Mice love to gnaw on things, and they will often do this in order to create a nest or get access to food. If you see chew marks on food packages or furniture, it is a good indication that you have mice.
- Sounds: Mice are nocturnal creatures, so you may hear them scurrying around your home at night. If you hear strange noises coming from your walls or ceilings, it could be a sign that you have mice.
If you're seeing mice or notice any of these signs in your home, it is important to take action right away. Mice can cause a lot of damage to your property and they can also transmit diseases to humans, so it is best to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Can Mice In Your House Make You Sick?
Mice are known to carry a number of diseases that can be passed on to humans. Some of the diseases that mice can transmit include:
- Salmonellosis: This is a type of food poisoning that can be caused by eating food contaminated by mouse droppings.
- Hantavirus: This virus is found in the urine and droppings of mice, and can be deadly if inhaled.
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus (LCMV): This virus is found in the saliva, urine, and droppings of mice, and can cause serious neurological problems in humans.
Because of the potential health risks posed by mice, it is important to get rid of them as soon as possible if you think you have an infestation.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Home
The best way to keep mice away from your house is to call a professional pest control company like Absolute Pest Control. Although there are a number of do-it-yourself methods for getting rid of mice, these are often ineffective and can even be dangerous. For example, some people use mouse traps or poison to kill mice, but this can be dangerous if you have children or pets in your home as well as failing to address the full scope of an infestation. We will be able to safely and effectively get rid of your mouse problem so you can rest assured that your home is safe.
In the meantime, some natural ways to keep mice away in the first place include keeping your home clean, sealing up any sources of food, and taking out trash regularly. If you think you already have a mouse problem, don't wait to take action. Contact Absolute Pest Control today so we can help you get rid of your mice problem for good.
Professional House Mouse Control For Denver Residents
If you are dealing with a mouse problem, Absolute Pest Control can help. We've been helping Denver residents get rid of pesky mice and other pests for more than 30 years. We're locally owned and operated, and we know how to deal with this area's pests.
We will get rid of the mice in your house for good using the latest technology and safe, effective methods. We also offer preventive services to keep mice from coming back in the future. Contact us today to receive a free quote for our services.